Commtap Symboliser - add pictures/symbols to text in a PowerPoint document
Copyright (C) 2017 - 2019 Commtap CIC
All code is Copyright Commtap CIC except for the following included code:
Array Functions Module; Registry Module; Format Message Module
From www.cpearson.com (accessed 13 July 2018):
"All of the narrative and textual content on this site, unless stated otherwise, is © Copyright 1997 - 2013 by Charles H. Pearson. All of the formulas and VBA code are explicitly granted to the Public Domain. You may use the formulas and VBA code on this site for any purpose you see fit without permission from me. This includes inclusion in commercial works and works for hire. By using the formula and code on this site, you agree to hold Charles H. Pearson and Pearson Software Consulting, LLC, free of any liability. The formulas and code are presented as is and the author makes no warranty, express or implied, of their fitness for use. You assume all responsibility for testing and ensuring that the code works properly in your environment."
Porter Stemmer Module
VBA code source: https://tartarus.org/martin/PorterStemmer/vb.txt
Licensing arrangement as stated on that website - https://tartarus.org/martin/PorterStemmer/ (accessed 13 July 2018):
#1. What is the licensing arrangement for this software?
This question has become very popular recently (the period 2008-2009), despite the clear statment above that "all these encodings of the algorithm can be used free of charge for any purpose." The problem I think is that intellectual property has become such a major issue that some more formal statement is expected. So to restate it:
- The software is completely free for any purpose, unless notes at the head of the program text indicates otherwise (which is rare). In any case, the notes about licensing are never more restrictive than the BSD License.
- In every case where the software is not written by me (Martin Porter), this licensing arrangement has been endorsed by the contributor, and it is therefore unnecessary to ask the contributor again to confirm it.
- I have not asked any contributors (or their employers, if they have them) for proofs that they have the right to distribute their software in this way.
- (For anyone taking software from the Snowball website, the position is similar but simpler. There, all the software is issued under the BSD License, and for contributions not written by Martin Porter and Richard Boulton, we have again not asked the authors, or the authors' employers, for proofs that they have such distribution rights.)
Error handling code
Source: "Professional Excel Development Second Edition". Bovey R, Wallentin D, Bullen S, Green J. Publisher: Addison-Wesley, 2009
Author of the code: Rob Bovey
Explicit permission for using and adapting this code for this or any other use received from Rob Bovey by email, 23 July 2018.
Copyright 2001 Phil Fresle
"You may not redistribute this code as a 'sample' or 'demo'. However, you are free to use the source code in your own code, but you may not claim that you created the sample code. It is expressly forbidden to sell or profit from this source code other than by the knowledge gained or the enhanced value added by your own code."
Mulberry Picture Symbols
Where the Mulberry Symbol Set is distributed with the Commtap Symboliser, the license is included with them:
This applies to all of the Mulberry Symbol Set files:
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 unported
You are free:
- to Share:- to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix:- to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to the web page
- Any of the conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. Use the "Contact" link on web page at: www.straight-street.com
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
Re-distributing this software
If you would like to bundle this software with your symbols product, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.