The Commtap Symboliser for PowerPoint is an add-in which you can install which makes PowerPoint act as a symbol resource making programme. For example, you can easily make resources like these:
With this symboliser:
- You can symbolise words in text boxes easily (just click a button and the picture appears above or below the text);
- Use free symbol sets;
- Use symbol sets that you have purchased;
- Make your own sets of pictures – e.g. class photos;
- Easily make grids;
- Add symbols to class resources you already have in PowerPoint;
- Make complete communication pages for printing out.
Why use this symboliser?
- You get all the power and versatility of PowerPoint plus you can symbolise;
- If you already use PowerPoint there’s very little more to learn to be able to use this add-in;
- You can easily share the symbol resources you make – it’s saved in a standard PowerPoint file which nearly everyone will be able to open;
- People can edit/delete/move around any symbols – even if they don’t have this add-in;
- For networked computers you can have a set of standard pictures (such as photos of places around a school) which are automatically available for all those using the symboliser.
After installing the symboliser, you get some new buttons in the PowerPoint ribbon for symbolising and making grids: