Not being able to install because you need to be an administrator
If you are asked for an administrator password to install the symboliser, but you don’t have one, you may be able to install the symboliser for your own personal use on the computer instead.
Symboliser buttons not appearing in the ribbon
If when you open PowerPoint after installing the symboliser there are no Commtap Symboliser buttons in the ribbon (you don’t see the “Commtap Symboliser” group or “Grid Maker” group on the home ribbon), then:
- In PowerPoint, go to the File tab.
- Go to “Options” (at the bottom on the left hand side).
- Choose “Trust Center” in the menu on the left.
- Go to “Trust Center Settings…”.
- Choose “Add-ins” on the left.
- Make sure that “Disable all Application Add-ins” is NOT checked.
- Close and re-open PowerPoint.
Note if the computer(s) you are trying to install the software on are in a network which is centrally administered (such as in a school) then these options may have been set centrally using a “group policy” which may override anything you set as a local administrator.
Alternatively if you installed the “Standard Edition” of the Commtap Symboliser, you could try uninstalling that and install the personal edition instead.